What is Wecan?
- We are a non for profit organization that believes everyone has the right to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables and freshly frozen meat at an affordable price.
How much does this cost?
- The cost for one full order is $25.00 per month.
What will I get for my $25.00?
- You will receive three types of fruit, three types of vegetables and three types of freshly frozen meat.
How do I know that this food is any good?
- We have a team of dedicated volunteers who meet once a month with the supplier to order the fruits and vegetables and then on the morning of depot days we have a group of volunteer who help sort and pack the orders for the depots and our team looks over the order to make sure that everything is good.
How is Wecan able to offer food at an affordable price?
- We are able to do this because we are buying in bulk.
How does this work?
- Our members pay at the beginning of the month, as we have a few extra dollars at the beginning of the month, and as the month goes on our money is gone and are cupboards are getting bare.
Where does the food come from?
- The Grocery People Warehouse is our supplier.
Can I pick and choose what I want?
- No you are unable to pick and choose what goes into your order as we are buying in bulk and that is how we are able to keep the cost down.
I don’t eat pork, what can I do about this?
- Pork is the only meat item that can be substituted, and this is for religious purposes.
Are there any forms to fill out?
- There are no forms to fill out. All we ask for is your name and phone number.
How do I pay for this and when do I get my food?
- Payment is due on the 1st Friday of each month and you get your food on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
Can I buy more than one order?
- Yes you can purchase more than 1 order, just remember it will be a duplicate of the original order. You can purchase additional meat for $15.00 or additional produce for $10.00 or both for an extra $25.00
Will this save me money?
- Generally members receive significant savings as we purchase in bulk at wholesale prices.
Do I have to order every month?
- No you don’t have to place an order every month.
Can I pay in advance for my order?
- Yes you must prepay for your order.
What happens if I forgot to pick up my order?
- Every member is responsible for picking up their order on depot pick up day. If this is not possible, it is the member’s responsibility to make all necessary arrangements. Any food not picked up will be sold or distributed to other members or donation to a community group for distribution.
Do you accept debit or credit cards?
- No we only accept cash.
To reach our main office : 780-413-4525
Office hours are:
Tuesday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.