Volunteers are the heart and soul of any community based organization and the WECAN Food Basket Society’s volunteers are no exception! Each depot has a group of dedicated volunteers that sort the bulk groceries into orders.
We are always looking for:
- Depot Coordinator Volunteers
- Each Depot has an coordinator responsible for collecting food orders from members and sending it to our main office, organizing their depot volunteers and sorting the order on delivery day.
- Volunteer Drivers
- Pick up the depot food orders from TGP (The Grocery People Market Warehouse) 14505 Yellowhead Trail once a month. All drivers need a vehicle that will accommodate the order and proof of license and insurance.
- Depot Volunteers
- Help weigh and sort food into orders and may assist the coordinators with phoning members prior to depot day.
- Warehouse Volunteers
- Arrive early morning and are physically fit and ensure that all items ordered are on hand and assist with loading depot orders onto volunteer driver’s vehicle.
- Members for the Board of Directors
- Volunteers with experience in working with non profit groups, volunteer boards, or who have a background in finance, social work, health or education are invited or health or education are invited to participate in board or committee positions.
Would you like to help make a difference and do you have a couple hours a month to spare? Are you an early riser and physically fit, then we could use your assistance at the warehouse as a helper, or we have depots that you could use your assistance in unloading the drivers vehicle and help sort the case lots into individual orders.
If you would like to assist us with a couple hours a month, please click on the Volunteer Application, complete the application email it to: [email protected] You may also send it through mail at P.O. Box 34148 RPO Kingsway Mall Edmonton, AB T5G 3G4.
Strong Community Support